Thank you to Lisa from LisaWroble: Wonderings and Wanderings for recognizing me for this wonderful award. It’s an honor to be nominated and to be given the privilege to nominate other great bloggers for the Liebster Award.
The Liebster Award is intended to recognize up-and-coming blogs, particularly those with fewer than 200 followers. Here are the rules:
• Post eleven facts about yourself
• Answer the questions posed by your nominator
• Pass the award on to eleven new recipients
• Post eleven new questions to your recipients
• Post a copy of the badge on your blog (type “Liebster Award” into Google images; you’ll find plenty to choose from). Notify nominees and include links to the originating blog, as well as the new recipients.
11 Facts About Me:
- I played football, baseball and performed in musicals in high school.
- I’m a huge Star Wars nerd. If I see it on TV, I will stop and sit for its duration.
- I was once chased by Harrison Ford’s dog outside his house.
- I can’t stop eating footlongs from Subway.
- I have a Business Management degree and spent two years in a miserable marketing job right out of college.
- I have a weird habit of reading 2 or 3 books at the same time.
- I’m almost done with an inspirational eBook on writing and living life truthfully.
- I have a strange obsession with creating Excel spreadsheets for just about everything.
- I met my girlfriend in high school and have been dating her for about 7 years.
- I love cooking, but for some reason most of the meals I cook consist of eggs, regardless of the time of day.
- Everything I eat has hot sauce on it.
My Answers To Lisa’s Questions:
1. At what age did you catch the writing/art bug?
I’ve enjoyed writing since I was about 16, but I started writing seriously when I was 21.
2. Is the book better than the movie or the movie better than the book?
Movies are my first love, but even then I thought movie adaptations were never as good as the book.
3. Do you prefer ebook or print?
Ebook. I started reading more than I have in my entire life when I got my Kindle. Besides they say the average person comprehends more information and reads more words per minute with tablet readers. So why not?
4. What social media do you use most?
I use Twitter the most. Facebook used to be my go-to social platform, but I feel the busier you get the more you like Twitter.
5. What is your favorite time of day?
Night time. I’ve never been a morning person, even though I force myself to wake up and write most of the time.
6. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Santa is real.
7. Who is your favorite fictional character?
Han Solo. You can’t get more bad ass.
8. If you could meet an author (or artist) for lunch whom would it be and where would you eat?
I would meet with Michael Chabon at his favorite Pittsburgh restaurant and eat whatever he recommends.
9. What are you currently reading?
Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey.
10. What is your favorite genre (or medium)?
My favorite genre is Science Fiction and my favorite medium is my Kindle Fire.
11. Who has been most encouraging of your writing/art career?
Surprisingly my dad. He always seemed like an old school guy who expected me to get a job and make a typical living. However since I told him I have been writing he has been very supportive.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What’s your big project right now?
2. If you could choose one writer to write a story about your life who would it be?
3. Who would play you in the film adaptation of the story on your life?
4. Self-Publishing or traditional publishing?
5. Last book you read, current book you are reading and the next book you will be reading?
6. Biggest writing pet peeve?
7. If you could travel back in time (or forward) what period would you live in, and why?
8. If you were handed $1000 and could only spend it on one thing (and you can’t save it or put it towards loans), what would it be?
9. If the world was being taken over by aliens and you could grab one thing before you left home, what would it be?
10. What is your favorite blog to read and why?
11. If you could be a villain in a book, who would it be?
My nominees (in no particular order):
Geisha from Daily Blends
Content By Dawn w/ Dawn-Renee Rice
Her Birth Marks
Triumphs and Charms
The Fangirl Writer